♥Recapping 2008 (Wednesday, December 31, 2008 / 12:42 pm)
Since today is the last day of 2008, I shall take a short break from blogging the Japan homestay and blog about the 8 most significant events of my 2008.
#1-- My 21st birthday party at Aranda Country Club
Nevertheless, to kickstart the most significant event of my 2008 was my 21st birthday party!
I remember booking the venue of my party way back in Nov 2007 with lots of hiccups on the way till the actual celebration day. And I also remember how difficult it was for me to decide who would be on the guest list because I decided to forgo invitations to friends I've never contacted in last 2 years and even most of the relatives.
my besties but of course, there are still many that I didn't post here though.
#2-- My internship
The internship gave me an opportunity to interact with both local and foreign media. It gave me an insight into how corporate communications work like. It taught me many valuable knowledge I would never get to learn in class. I met new friends and colleagues who are nice and encouraging. The internship also gave me the chance to step into nature, something I have neglected since the end of my girl guides life. HortPark, Henderson Waves, Botanic Garden and Pulau Ubin became my most frequented places.
#3---Singapore Garden Festival 2008
As part of my internship, I was involved in Singapore Garden Festival 2008. I met celebrities and stars. I had never attended such flower events before except for the Sentosa Imbiah's Chinese new year flower show. Then again, it gave a beautiful closing to my internship.
#4-- KL trip with Ting and Ivan
This was the first time I planned and handled almost everything of the trip myself. It was one of the trips when everything worked within my budget and I managed to keep expenses as low as $600 for all my shopping trophies, hotel stay, airfare and transport and luxurious meals.
#5-- Southern Ridges walk with my juniors and sister on National day
It was a rare chance for me to go out with fellow girl guides and juniors. After Andreas' constant reminders for me to bring them there, I finally took out some time to accompany them for a hike.
Of course, it was a fun trip because they were always so bubbly and crankie with all the lame jokes. And I like the pretty pictures I took with them and their geniuine smiles on their faces.
#6-- My attendance to my friends' 21st party
They were reunions with classmates who I have never met in the last 5 years. They were surprises of who and who got together and who and who broke up. They were of course many who went overseas for study. I met new friends and schoolmates I never talk to before.
One of the most memorable ones was Andreas' big-scale 21st party who invited almost 100 guests.
And YiQing's 21st where it was the first time I played mahjong with them and the first time I ever played mahjong so slowly... lol... :P
Of course, there were also May, JY, Peiwen, Fangrui and many more bday parties I attended.
#7-- My first bowling session with uni besties
I can't bowl well. In fact the last time I bowled was when I was in secondary school. probably sec 2 or 3 when I was in chalet, bowling with my father and cousins, i guess. I also could join my other friends for bowling because they were simply too good to tolerate a beginner like me. lol
So bowling with my uni besties was so stress-less and fun.
#8-- My Japan trip
Last but not least, my expensive Japan trip. I visited disneyland for first time in my life. Interacted with Japanese almost everyday of my 15 days there. I saw magnificent castles and shrines. I walked the longest roads and slopes for consecutive days. I touched snow for the first time in my life. And I paid everything I spent on this trip all by myself. Not a single cent from my parents.
2009 will probably be a rather different year for me as I enter into another phase of my life. After May, I will graduate from uni and step into the workforce. I hope to be able to get a job smoothly and get to have more time to engage in other activities or learn more things I couldn't get from books.
I will also pick up driving and hope to be able to pass with only 1 attempt. :)